Friday 25 October 2013

Absent but not idle - 2 new firsts - Weddings and Charity Work


Evening All,

Hello Stranger I hear you cry.  Yes I know…sorry…I know I said I was going to get better (and more frequent) at posting on here, but life overtakes and then in a blink it’s 3/4/5 weeks or more down the line from the last post!

Firstly – and to get it over with – I’ve not been finding this pregnancy as easy as it was with Sophie. This boy – yes it’s a BOY – is very active, gives me no rest and is lying/kicking so low I would say 80% of the time I’m in discomfort.  The midwife isn’t worried though and says there is no reason to worry, just try and take it easy (!)

This really is a catch up post to let you all know what’s going on here. Although I haven’t been posting, I haven’t been idle either.

My Auntie and her partner went on holiday to Scotland in August, came back engaged and decided to get married less than a month later!  She asked me if I would do cake/flowers/favours and always looking for a challenge, I said YES!  After a few (many) hours later and lots of help/advice from Mum in Law these were the results:





 


The cake, Bridal Bouquet and Table Decorations...and the gorgeous Bride and Groom!

 

 


Flower bracelets - these were made for Ray's 2 young grandchildren, I thought they would appreciate these more than a formal adult buttonhole.

 

 


 


 The Exploding Box card we gave them on the day


 I was very pleased with the results and so were the Bride and Groom and everyone who attended. It was a fabulous day with great people. Congratulations Kit and Ray, you make a great couple xxx

I also recently jumped into the realms of Charity work.  I have been following Logan’s Olympic Torch Relay for Let’s Hear it for Deaf Children on Facebook for some time now:  I have had an interest in deaf people ever since I studied Sign Language at University.   They put out a plea a while ago for some help. Logan’s granddad wants to run the London Marathon next year to raise money for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, but he needs £2000 to enter.  They were going to hold an Open Garden Party at Lift the Latch in Chard to raise funds.  They asked if there was anyone who could help them out with 50 personalised invites for the event, ideally free.  When I saw it, I couldn’t quite believe what I was reading – what an opportunity to support something that means a lot to me and do my craft work. I contacted Kerry the organiser and she accepted my offer of help.
I wanted to incorporate the Hearing Dogs Logo with a garden/party theme and this is what I came up with:

 
Again I was very pleased with the result and so was Kerry – she kindly phoned me to let me know when they arrived and that she thought they were great. That phone call made my day – it’s so nice to get praise as a crafter, especially when it’s something personalised and in your own eyes you think they’re good but you don’t know what anyone else thinks!

The event went ahead on the 20th October and they raised £315.70 towards their goal. If you would like to support this worthy cause, please feel free to donate at
 
You could also join me and many others following Logan on Facebook:
 
I have got some other photos to get on here of more things I’ve done recently, which I will post by the end of the weekend.

That’s all for now
 

No comments:

Post a Comment